19. August 2013

MORI-ART & SOCIAL MEDIA

In 2008 I started to use Facebook with a private profile but I didn´t have enough time beside my jobs for a daily presence there. I couldn´t understand why people tell useless things and share images with quotes, one after the other.

It took time until the end of 2009 that Facebook became an important part of my daily work. My page for art "MORI-ART | MOO" was created and I thought it could be very interesting to be in contact with international artists and being "friend" with them. This was a very interesting time and I made expierences - good and very bad - that I´d never got without Facebook ;)

In the meantime many other social networks appeared, which I´ve looked in but only Twitter was an interesting additional network for me to promote my art. 

My opinion about working with social media is, that an account has to be managed carefully without any nonsens. If you look into some profiles or pages you will see hundreds or thousands of images just for fun or something like that and I wonder always from where these people get their time for this - they have too much, I think ;)

Nowadays I have one profile on Facebook without friends to manage my pages. I can stay in contact with my few friends out of all social networks by email or phone. That´s the only way for me. I don´t wanna be in contact all the time with them or other people and if somebody is interesting in what I´m doing, please send me an email or make a call and so do I :)

If I watch these social networks from the meta level I can see that many people don´t know what they are connected with! And all the photos of their children are offending and harming boundaries, but they don´t care...

Maybe it´s time to clean up your accounts on the social networks you are in? 


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen